Stuffed Tomatoes ...

06:39 Happiness Is Contagious People 0 Comments

I have a passion ro rosy , red and lovely ripe tomatoes , yes indeedy! I am one of those very strange people that could eat an tomato like an apple in no time at all ...yummy!

I guess it will come as no surprise then that I also love stuffed tomatoes , I learnt how to make these from watching my mum .. I tweaked things a little to suit my lifestyle (no wheat , low carb) and now I'm sharing it with you today ... enjoy!

Stuffed tomatoes

Preparing & Cooking time - 50 mins
Serves: 2 - 4

Ingredients:
4 large but firm tomatoes
500gr extra lean beef mince
1 clove garlic
1 Tsp ginger
1 extra large egg
2 Tbsp psyllium husk / you can substitute with 1 slice bread ( which has been softened with a little milk)
1 pinch garlic salt
1 pinch crushed black pepper
1 pinch nutmeg
1 pinch paprika

For the topping:
4 small cubes of cheddar cheese

Method:
- hollow out the tomatoes and cut the flesh you have removed into a bowl ( set these aside)
- in the bowl with the tomato flesh place the mince , garlic , ginger , spices and the egg. Mix the ingredients together and add the psyllium husks and leave to stand for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- preheat your oven to 180'c
- take the mince mixture and stuff the tomatoes

- place the tomatoes on a baking tray and bake at 180'c for 20minutes
- place the block of cheese on top of each tomato and bake for a further 5 - 10 minutes. The cheese will melt over the tomato and turn a golden brown
- serve between 1 - 2 tomatoes per person with either vegetable or a salad side dish.

Cooks notes -
** I enjoy cutting sweet potatoes ( yams) into chips (fries) and placing them around and between the tomatoes whilst cooking. The chips are lovely and crispy and they get covered in the tasty juices from the tomatoes.


0 comments: