Homemade Pizza Sauce ...

13:30 Happiness Is Contagious People 0 Comments

In my circle of friends store bought pizza's have become a no-no not because they are bad , but rather they just don't taste as good as the real deal made at home with fresh tomato sauce in place of tinned tomato paste.

I have become somewhat infamous for my tomato sauce and so today I have decided to share it with you.
Preparing & Cooking time - 15 - 20 minutes
Serves: 2 - 3 pizza's

Ingredients:
1 tin canned tomato and onion
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 pinch mixed herbs
1 pinch salt
1 pinch crushed black pepper
1 clove garlic minced
50gr tomato paste
A splash of balsamic vinegar

Method:
- put the oil and herbs in a saucepan and allow to heat up
- add the rest of the ingredients
- allow the ingredients to simmer for 10 - 15 mins and reduce the liquid
- add a splash of balsamic vinegar and allow to cool

Cooks notes -
** I love to add freshly chopped basil to the sauce when I am alone , it makes it fragrant and enhance the flavour of the tomatoes

Did you know?
Tomatoes are a neutral food and alkaline , they only turn to an acid once cooked!
If you struggle with indigestion and ulcers , take care and limit your intake of cooked tomatoes.

So there you have it, my favourite tomato sauce for pizza ... Enjoy!


0 comments: