Raspbery, Almond and Vanilla Protein Smoothie

06:19 Happiness Is Contagious People 0 Comments

I live a rather busy lifestyle and I find that if I don't plan my days meals in advance I tend to skip meals or grab the wrong things to eat on the run, purely because by that time I am ravenous.

At the end of last year I decided to make a change by putting the correct nutrition in my body , hoping to loose some weight and to get more energy.

I started with Herbalife and whilst I haven't had earth shattering weight loss , I have shed some kilo's and my body fat % is still dropping , whilst my muscle is building(as it should) ... which is awesome

Now all I need to do is exercise a little more *sheepish grin*.

So here is one of my current favourite smoothies  ...

RASPBERRY , ALMOND & VANILLA PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
Preparing & Cooking time - 5 mins
Serves: 1 smoothie

Ingredients:
6-8 raspberries ( fresh or frozen)
6-8 raw almonds
250ml milk / soy milk / rice milk / lactose free milk
2 Tbsp raw oats
1 Tsp honey
1 heaped Tbsp vanilla protein powder ( Herbalife shake vanilla)

Method:
Put all the ingredients into your blender and blitz until smooth.
Pour into a glass over ice , or pour into a shaker with 5 ice blocks and drink on the go (as I do).

Cooks notes -
** a great idea is buy extra berries at your local market when they are on special or in season and freeze them to use as/ when you desire.

Did you know?
- Berries are a great source of Vitamin C , form part of natures super foods and are great anti-oxidants.
- Oats are a slow release protein which prevents sugar spikes and cravings , oat fibre is great for both cholesterol and heart health.
 


0 comments: